Welcome Back to The Star Dance Alliance!
As we prepare to host our world class Star Dance Alliance events, we’ve reinvented the competition experience based on guidance from health authorities and local government agencies.
While our events may seem different from the last time you competed with us, we assure you they will still have the same excitement and professionalism we’ve provided to the dance community for over 3 decades! We are excited for you to join us at our “National Remixes” and “Take Two” Events!
What you can count on from us:
- All scheduling will be done in a ‘Block’ format. Each studio will be assigned specific time slots for all of their dancers to perform their routines.
- Studios will be given wristbands that must be worn for admittance during their studio’s scheduled time block.
- All SDA staff will be required to wear face masks/coverings.
- For those who cannot or choose to not attend in person, our shows and awards will be available via live stream, free of charge, on the DanceBug App!
- Seating will be modified by blocking off seats or rows within a section to accommodate social distancing of at least 6 feet between individuals from different households.
- There will be frequent disinfection of the stage, backstage area, seating areas, common areas, and dressing rooms. (After each studio block).
- There will be multiple hand sanitizing stations throughout the venues.
- We will attempt to have as many floor markers and tape lines as we can to keep traffic flow and ample space around the facility.
- SDA Staff will have temperatures taken and wellness check-ins every day.
- Award ceremonies will be scheduled and available online for viewing.
- Adjudication Awards should be physically picked up by a studio representative at the conclusion of the studio’s scheduled block of time.
- At our National Remix events, the top routines will advance into the exciting virtual finals. The finals and awards will be aired online at a pre-determined date.
- There will be NO CASH SALES at our store. All sales will have limited contact, including eliminating signature requirement for credit card sales.
- No scoring deductions will be given for any costume modifications that include any Personal Protective Equipment or choreography to accommodate social distancing.
What we count on from you:
- All staff, teachers, dancers, prop handlers, and spectators ages two and up, will be required to wear a mask/face covering. (Dancers will not be required to wear a mask on stage).
- Prop handlers are permitted backstage and must wear a mask/face covering at all times.
- Props must be handled solely by the studio handlers. No SDA staff will be permitted to assist.
- Only active performers in the routine should be backstage with one adult teacher. No other spectators permitted. Our backstage managers look forward to greeting you!
- We encourage you to strongly limit number of family members inside your studio’s dressing rooms.
- Anyone who is running a fever, or who has been ill within the last 72 hours should not attend.
- Anyone who has been in contact with someone who has been ill in the past 14 days should not attend.
- It is highly recommended that everyone bring their own water to drink.
- All music must be uploaded online. CDs, Mobile Devices, USBs, etc. will not be accepted.
- Spectators may only enter facility during their own studio’s designated performance times and must be wearing their provided wristband.
- We encourage Studio Directors to conduct daily temperature and wellness checks on their performers and staff.
- We encourage everyone to practice social distancing while in attendance.