Wanna Be Friends?
Competitions and conventions create opportunities that go well beyond dance. You create lifelong memories and lasting relationships outside your own studio, city, state or even country! Social media allows us to maintain these relationships long after the competition is over. There are several ways you can add friends on social media. Below are some tips for making it quick and easy.
Snapchat has a feature called SNAPCODES
- Similar to a fingerprint, no two are alike
- Snapchat assigns you a code that leads directly to your profile
- Open the Snapchat App on your phone, tap your profile picture in the upper left hand corner and there it is
- To add a friend: Take a “snap” (picture) of the code within the Snapchat App. Snapchat will recognize your friend and lead you to their profile
Instagram recently launched NAMETAGS
- New feature on Instagram
- Locate Nametag by going to your profile. Tap your picture in the lower right hand corner. Once there, tap on the three lines located in the top right corner of your profile. This opens a menu that includes Nametag
- Tap it and you are good to go!
- To add a friend: go to your “stories” screen, take a photo within the Instagram App. Instagram will locate your new friend and give you the option to follow them
Facebook and Twitter still require “searching” to locate your new friends.
Hopefully, new technology will be introduced soon, making it easy to add friends.
We live in an incredible time, where you can expand your social network well beyond those in your local community. While dance competitions and conventions allow you to connect with others in a physical way, social media allows you to stay connected long after the event.
Have fun with Snapcodes and Nametag and be sure to connect with your SDA friends